ECM Faculty Focus
Progress on the Strategic Review 2009 continues to be made in the Faculty, with three of the Review Area Co-Chairs preparing to release their issues paper to the Faculty. These issues papers will form the basis for considering future options for the Faculty, and are designed to stimulate conversation in the Faculty over ways to address the issues identified.
All staff are encouraged to participate in the review in the variety of ways available, and we look forward to your continued contributions to this important endeavour.
Summary of Review Progress
- The Education; Research; and Community and Industry Partnerships, Alumni and Foundations Co-Chairs are in the process of writing their issues papers for release to the Faculty. When published, these will be available on the Strategic Review website;
- The Physical, Information, Communication and Computing Infrastructure Co-Chairs are currently collecting data from across the Faculty and from other faculties and universities. In addition, planning is underway on their first set of workshops and focus groups to elicit feedback from the Faculty;
- The Governance and Management Co-Chairs are well advanced in the collection of data for the review, and are in the process of planning their first issues workshop. This Governance and Mangement Review Area will be the last of the intial workshops, to take advantage of the issues that have arisen out of the other review areas;
- A call for submissions to the review has now been made, with submissions open to all staff of the Faculty. Staff are encouraged to contribute to the review through submissions, especially where they have been unable to attend workshops;
- Online forums continue to operate for the Education and Research Strategic Review Areas, and staff are encouraged to sign up to the discussion forum and exchange ideas. The discussion forums can be accessed through the Strategic Review website;
- The first meeting of the ECM Summit, the steering committee for the Strategic Review 2009, will be held on Monday 20 April 2009. Agendas and Minutes for the Steering Committee, as well as its terms of reference, will be available shortly on the Strategic Review website.
The review process for three of the review areas is about to enter its second stage, with the development of options to address the current issues in the Faculty and provide a dynamic and successful future.
The second stage of the review process will involve the development of options by the Co-Chairs in response to the issues papers, and will incorporate any feedback provided through submissions to the review. This will culminate in an options paper, which will be circulated to the Faculty for feedback.
Following the release of the options paper, further workshops will be held to discuss the potential options and permit substantial contributions from staff in the Faculty.
More details on the next steps will be available soon.
Questions, concerns or enquiries should be directed to:
Mr Stuart Broadfoot
Manager, Special Projects
(08) 6488 2463
Strategic Review 2009 Website